Here are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions I receive:
- Are you good with makeup? Well I hope the photos speak for themselves (stop laughing, it has actually been asked!)
- Is your fee negotiable? Discounts are not available. My fees are competitively set for the region and are designed to cover my time away from the studio, the high-quality professional products I use, the careful preparation I take to make sure your day runs smoothly and the enthusiasm I wholeheartedly give to your event.
- I'm not comfortable placing a deposit without having a trial first; is that okay? I understand the hesitation, but just like your florist or caterer, I am committing to your date up to 18 months in advance and a deposit is a necessity to safeguard both of our calendars. Your deposit and booking agreement are required to reserve your date. This deposit pre-pays your trial session and is applied to your total booking. You are free to opt out of the booking up to 30 days prior to the wedding with no further obligation.
- Where will you do my makeup? House, hotel, hilltop under a tree, it's all up to you. All services are provided at the location of your choice to add to the ease of your day. Travel fees may apply to some hilltops.
- What kind of products do you use? A little bit of everything and only the best for you! I work with a broad range of professional lines such as Face Atelier, Graftobian, Cinema Secrets and Kett as well as consumer brands that everyone knows and loves like Nars, Smashbox, Benefit, Mac and Tarte. There are even a few drugstore gems in my kit. All are tried and true favorites chosen to keep your look flawless throughout the day.
- Makeup scares me because I don't wear it (not really a question, but I do hear this often). This is the best reason to leave it to a professional. I am quite comfortable working with a light hand to achieve a natural look. You won't leave my chair looking like a Kardashian unless you want to, promise!!
- Do you do hair? No, I leave the hair to the experts. I have many amazing stylists that I work with all over the Bay Area. Just ask for a referral near your venue and I will put you in touch with someone fantastic.
- Does the makeup last all day? ABSOLUTELY!!! My layering technique combined with the very best primers and sealants provides you with a beautiful, flawless look from the first photo to the last dance of the night.
- Do you provide a touch-up kit? Yes! It consists of blotting papers, a small applicator sponge and a to-go lip color wand for everyone booking makeup with me. It is enough for one, maybe two touch-ups throughout the day. A full-size bridal kit can be assembled for an additional fee.
- Do you offer airbrush makeup? I prefer the flexibility of traditional application so I can customize the foundation to best suit the needs of each person. I just haven't found the airbrush formula yet that offers that "glow" that I love.
- Can I see more photos other than the ones available on your website, like trial photos? I update my online portfolio as often as I receive new photos from clients. Some brides don't feel comfortable having their photos online and I respect that. Besides, you can't judge how your makeup will look based on another person's trial photo. Each bride is unique and each trial is treated that way.